Monday 7 April 2014

A Bit About Me...

Hi there, and welcome!

My name is Tash, I live in Cornwall, England, and I've always struggled with my weight.

I've had a career in cheffing since leaving school at 16, but all that food is too much for some people, especially if they're trying to fight the flab!

At the end of last summer, I got a chef job in a new restaurant that was opening. How was I to know it was a huge mistake? What sounded like a brilliant, and fun job, rapidly turned out to be a total nightmare.

Working long hours every week, for a lousy salary, is bad enough! But add on to that, no meal breaks, or breaks at all! Except a measly one hour late into the afternoon! After a summer spent eating healthily, I was gutted that I was having to buy a crappy pre-made sarnie for my lunch (My only meal for the day!).

The biggest problem came from the working hours, starting at 09:00 hrs and finishing near enough Midnight 5 days a week. With no time to make myself a lovely packed lunch, and frankly zero energy to even want to, my mood plummeted. Days off became a blur of doing nothing, the lack of essential vitamins, and minerals were really starting to play havoc with my body! The night before a day off would have me stopping at the 24hr service station, picking up some junk food, and beers, going home and wolfing the lot!

Needless to say, I was miserable, I hated getting up in the morning to have to go to work in a place I grew to resent. I didn't stay there for very long, some of the attitudes I had to put up with really tipped me over the edge.

My weight crept up on me, once I'd walked away from that disaster, I made up for lost time, and ate like a pig!!

Winter soon hit, then Christmas, and New Year! I had a brilliant Christmas with all my family, I ate and drank myself sideways!

Then, in early January, when I realised I'd gone up a notch on my belt, I decided that now was the time for change!

I knew I couldn't do it on my own, I just don't have the will to exercise at home, or copy work-outs from online.

So I made the decision to join a local gym, because if I didn't, things would only get worse!

It was at a hotel I'd worked at in 2005, so I knew the equipment was good, and the pool area was lovely!

On January 9, I had my first induction. The fitness instructor, who I now regard as my Yoda, was lovely! Even though I was horrendously out of shape, his words of encouragement helped me through, and he was incredibly patient. I only had 30 minutes with Jack, but he gave me some exercises to follow, and I went away with a spring in my step. Although I was still very timid of walking in to a gym, and afraid of people looking at me, this was the first step to a brand new me!

Let's be honest, everyone who goes to a gym goes for the same reason as me - exercise!

Thanks for reading, for more news about healthy fat loss, stick around for upcoming blogs. some will feature my very own recipes for foods that have helped me out!

Tash :)

No comments: