Sunday 13 April 2014

Happy Days..

Hi guys! Well it's a beautiful Sunday afternoon here in Cornwall, and I've been to the gym! Usually Sunday is my rest day, but I had a midweek break..

I'm glad to say that the weather has improved greatly this week, after a horrendous winter, I think we're all ready for some flip flop weather, am I right?!

As promised, I'm going to start adding some recipes that I've come up with. They're basically lighter versions of things I love, though I'm still working on a Mac n Cheese recipe, so bare with me!

The foods I eat are all about making clever little food swaps that can help cut fat content, carbs, and high calories.

Ideally we would all be eating lean proteins, whole grains, healthy carbs, and fats, fresh fruits and veggies..

Something that a lot of people do when trying to lose fat, is restrict their diet! They cut out all the naughty stuff they love. This is fair enough, but you need to have a treat now and then, otherwise you might end up binging!

So, what have I cut out of my diet?

1. White Rice, White Bread, Pasta.

2. Carbonated Drinks - Pepsi/Coca Cola/Sprite etc.

3. Coffee, and Tea.

4. Fast Food/Junk Food.

5. Alcohol - I've cut DOWN on alcohol, I still have the occasional beer now, and then. Plus I really love good Bourbon :)

6. White Potatoes - I rarely eat these even though I love a good crispy roasted spud!

So, what do I have instead of these things?

1. Brown Rice, Bulgar Wheat, Quinoa, Wholegrain Crispbreads, Gluten Free Pasta.

2. Water all the way! 3 litres per day.

3. See above!

4. Healthy stuff - More on that later!

5. Like I said, I have a drink now and then, when the mood strikes.

6. Sweet Potatoes - High in fibre, virtually fat free, and delicious!

It's not that I don't like white bread, or normal potatoes, but for now I'm all about making healthy choices. But I do find now that plain boiled white rice smells like socks haha!

I also, most definitely, eat dairy products! Eggs, Greek yogurt, and cheese are brilliant things, and I couldn't imagine never eating them again! When I buy cheese, I choose strong extra mature cheddar so I have to use less - cheeky hey! Low fat cottage cheese, feta, parmesan are all great choices too. My choice of yogurt at the moment is ASDA Extra Special Fat Free Greek Yogurt, it's delicious, and brilliant for sweet, and savoury dishes! Just avoid the 'Greek Style' ones! I want authentic foods, not a style of something!

So there you have it, if you want to lose fat, and get lean, make some sensible swaps, and you'll be who you want to be in no time!

Tash :)

No comments: