Tuesday 6 January 2015

What Can I Eat for 1500 Calories?

This is an average days food for me, though this is without going to the gym. I add extra calories depending on how much I exercise.

BREAKFAST -

40g Quick cook oats, made into porridge w/ 125ml semi skimmed milk and 75ml cold water, and ground cinnamon. Sweetened with maple syrup Flavdrops from www.myprotein.com

1 Red grapefruit

Green tea

58g Myprotein Diet Whey Protein Powder Double Chocolate, made up with cold water

Calorie total - 462

LUNCH

185g Canned tuna in brine or water, drained. Mixed w/ 30g Vita D'or Light mayo from Lidl - Cheaper and nicer than Helmans!

6 Ryvita Wholegrain crispbreads

Half a ripe avocado, sliced

Season the tuna mix with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide the tuna and avocado between the 6 crispbreads. *Sprinkle with roasted black sesame seeds, and a drizzle of chilli sauce!

*Optional - will add a few extra calories, but spice can be good for metabolism.

Calorie total - 501

DINNER

100g Chicken breast

150g Broccoli

80g Frozen sweetcorn

100g Cos/Romaine lettuce

15g/1 tablespoon Unsalted butter - Lurpack is a favourite!

Calorie total 390

Last night I put my chicken and sweetcorn in a small baking dish. Sprinkled over some sliced red chilli, ginger, garlic, and coriander stalks. Seasoned with black pepper, and poured over about 100ml chicken stock w/ a dash of low salt soy sauce. Dotted it with the butter, and baked in the oven for around 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken was 74 degrees celsius. Garnished with coriander leaves, and served with broccoli and lettuce, delish!

SNACKS

100g Granny Smith apple

15g 100% Peanut butter - No added salt, sugar, oil etc. Just peanuts, and forget low fat versions, blurgh!

Calorie total - 140

Days total calories - 1493

So that's what I eat BEFORE adding exercise calories. When I do 90 minutes at the gym, I burn around 400 calories, which would give me a NET calorie intake of 1093, so I would eat an extra few hundred calories in order to be healthy!

The more you move, the more you get to eat! Pretty sweet eh!

Please check out my previous blog entries for more swirly stuff from my brain :)

No comments: