Friday 13 February 2015

Time For A Cheeky Cleanse...

Friday February 13 - Well that can't be good! I usually stay in bed, hiding under the covers on a day like today!

Actually, I'm not that superstitious, if someone has a crappy day, they can't very well blame it on the innocent magpie they spotted that morning!

So anyway, I am on day one of a cleanse. I am well aware I have already stated in a previous post that the only real thing that's gonna help fat loss is - healthy eating, exercise, drinking plenty of water, etc etc......and that no lotion, potion, or magic pill can do what those things will. So please don't judge me ;)

This is more of an experiment, a way to see if these can truly help rid your body of toxins, and shift some weight/fat/inches! I am only halfway through my fat loss journey, and halfway to my ideal weight. I really should change the name of my Blog haha!

So this is what I'm doing - (Apologies for the mediocre quality photographs, I used my phone!)


Forever Living F.I.T C9! Crazy I know! I'm not one for 'quick fixes', or similar, but I know people who have done this, and have had good results. Just so you know, I don't work, or have anything to do, with this company.

It is all about restricting calorie intake, but is unsuitable for anyone with Diabetes, Epilepsy, Kidney Disease, and Pregnant Ladies! I am sceptical about this, purely because of the lack of calories and risk of muscle loss, so we'll see what happens! Hopefully muscle loss will be minimal due to my strength training at the gym.

What comes in the box?


These booklets. One is a booklet that I fill out with my weight, and measurements, and it gives me all the information I need about the cleanse. The other booklet lists all the products that Forever Living do, aimed at weight management. I also get a cute little tape measure. So before I started, I weighed, and measured myself, and wrote the numbers in the book. This is repeated on days 3, 6, and 9, with Total Losses being recorded on the final day.


This small box contains supplements, and fibre sachets.


So we have, 54 Forever Garcinia Plus Capsules (An appetite suppressant), 18 Forever Therm (These contain caffeine, and are used to raise body temperature and metabolism, take these before an intense gym session and you'll end up in a pool of your own sweat!), finally, we have 9 Forever Fiber sachets (These give you your daily dose of fibre, and probably help with, ermm, toilet stuff!)

The tablets come in eco-friendly packaging, and are clearly labelled, so you know what to take, and when. They snap off, so you can take them with you to work etc. Nifty!


This is the Aloe Vera gel that is taken daily. Depending on how poor your diet is, and how many toxins you have in your body, depends on how this stuff tastes. If you're a junk food addict, this will probably taste horrible, but the health benefits of Aloe have been proven for years. So, who am I to argue?

I don't mind the taste, it's very plant-like, a bit tangy, but not sweet.


This is the protein shake that is taken every day. The first two days, I only get one shake at lunch time. It is full of really good nutrients, and the taste is really nice - I have Vanilla, they also do Chocolate. The pack states that it contains 24g of protein per 25g scoop, that is based on using 300ml of semi-skimmed milk. If you use water, it's 17g, still a good dose though. I weighed a full scoop of the powder, and it was 28g, so I weigh my protein powders on scales!

It says in the book that they don't recommend using cows milk, because of the lactose, so non-dairy milks can be used instead. I used water today, but will try unsweetened almond milk as well.

It's coming up to 5pm now, it's been raining pretty much all day, and about 10 minutes ago, my stomach growled at me! Usually by now, I've been well fed, but not today!

This is what day one and two look like -

Breakfast

2 x Garcinia Plus Softgels
120ml Aloe Vera Gel
1 x Therm Tablet
30 Minutes Minimum of Low-Intensity Exercise

Lunch

2 x Garcinia Plus Softgels
120 ml Aloe Vera Gel
1 x Therm Tablet
25g Lite Ultra Protein shake

Snack

1 x Sachet of Forever Fiber - dissolved in a glass of water

Dinner

2 x Garcinia Plus Softgels
120ml Aloe Vera Gel

Evening Snack

120ml Aloe Vera Gel plus 250ml of water

Days three to nine look a bit more exciting -

Breakfast

2 x Garcinia Plus Softgels
120 ml Aloe Vera Gel
1 x Therm Tablet
25g Lite Ultra Protein shake
30 Minutes Minimum of Moderate-Intensity Exercise - A session in the gym shall be had!

Lunch

2 x Garcinia Plus Softgels
1 x Therm Tablet
25g Lite Ultra Protein shake

Snack

1 x Sachet of Forever Fiber - dissolved in a glass of water

Dinner

2 x Garcinia Plus Softgels
600 Calorie Meal - Ideas included in the book

Evening Snack

250ml of water - Not my idea of a snack but there ya go haha!

Drinking sufficient water is highly recommended in the booklet, and there are little check-offs to be made when I've completed daily tasks, such as drinking water, taking supplements, and doing exercise.

My stomach feels empty :( I shall be glad when the next two days are completed, so I can have a little more sustenance.

I shall report back on day three, after my weigh-in, and day of food, glorious food!

:) Byeeee!

No comments: